Welcome To Sound Fund Advisors
Sound Fund Advisors (“SFA”) was founded by Jonathan Morgan in 2011 to provide focused and active directorship services to institutional hedge funds and asset management firms. The firm’s approach brings market, risk and hedge fund investing and due diligence experience to a select number of firms that are interested in best practices in fund governance. Mr. Morgan currently sits on the boards of a U.S. ’40 Act Registered Investment Company, private funds in the Cayman Islands and Bermuda, US Limited Partnership Advisory Committees and Irish ICAVs. He is a Registered Professional Director in the Cayman Islands and has been approved by the Central Bank of Ireland. SFA’s approach is designed to ensure that investors’ objectives are addressed while providing investment managers with a knowledgeable and complementary resource to their current fund boards.
Jonathan Morgan is the founding Principal of Sound Fund Advisors LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in the financial markets, including 9 years of direct hedge fund experience at Caxton Associates (1993-1996), Croesus Capital Management (1997-1998) and Parallax Capital Management (1999-2002). In addition, Mr. Morgan has more than 8 years of experience researching and investing in hedge funds. He has been the Head of Global Research at UBP Asset Management (2009-2011), Head of the Hedge Fund Management Group and Head of Investments at Barclays Global Investors (2005-2009) and Head of Research and Portfolio Management in Alternatives Investment Group of Julius Baer Investment Management (2002-2005). During the course of his career, Mr. Morgan has started a hedge fund, performed investment research on hundreds of funds across all major hedge fund strategies and invested with more than 200 funds directly. Prior to 1993, Mr. Morgan worked for Morgan Stanley for five years. He has an AB from Princeton University (1986) and a MPP from Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government (1990)
SFA believes in a set of standards both for its own conduct and for the funds on whose boards we sit.
Our own conduct should be governed by the following principles:
- Recognition of our duty at all times to safeguard the fund’s interests.
- The avoidance of any conduct that would create or appear to create a conflict of interest.
- The proper management of confidential information.
- A commitment to personal and professional integrity.
The funds we partner with adhere to these principles:
- A recognition that shareholders are partners in their business.
- A commitment to the the philosophy of access and transparency to its Board and shareholders.
- The appointment of a third-party administrator for the fund and an audit conducted by a reputable and active fund auditor.
- A commitment to facilitate the Board's meaningful oversight over fund activities.